Saturday, November 12, 2011

Character Traits: Physical


Go Away, Big Green Monster! This past week during Reader's Workshop the students were learning about Character Traits. This was an integrated reading and writing activity that the kids really enjoyed. I first covered the book with construction paper on the front and the back so that the kids couldn't see the book, then I told the kids that they would have to use their ears and the cameras in their brains to capture images of what I was reading to them. Everyone started off with a blank white piece of paper, as I read each page of the book, Go Away, Big Green Monster, they would draw the image they saw in their brain. At the end of the activity before I showed them the book, they all came to the rug and shared their drawings. They were surprised by how similar all of their drawings looked!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment